Sunday, March 25, 2012

Conference: Why it has Everything to do with You



Next weekend, something exciting is happening. I'm not talking about a football game, or a concert. I'm talking about General Conference.  You may be wondering, "What does this have to do with me?". I'll tell you. General Conference has everything to do with you. Here's why.
  1. Being a teen is hard, as you know, and you can gain specific revelation that pertains to you during General Conference. Here's how.  Before Conference, prayerfully ponder some questions you have, or some of the difficulties in your life. During conference, listen to the speakers, songs, and prayers. Also listen to the Holy Ghost. He is the one who will give you the teach you. Be prepared to write down any thoughts, feelings, or promptings you get during conference. This is more important than taking notes of the speakers' talks. Their talks will be published for you to read over and over again, but the Holy Ghost's whisperings that day might not be.
  2. Even though the speakers are not young, they still have things to say that will interest you and better your life. Because they are much older than us, these General Authorities know what they are talking about. Not only do they receive revelation from God about what to tell us, they've been in our shoes. They have been through our stage of life. Sure, President Monson probably didn't have a phone when he was in school, but he still went to school. He, and all of the other apostles and prophets know what we're going through and can impart wisdom to us accordingly.
  3. The prophets, apostles. and other speakers will tell us what Heavenly Father wants us to know right now.  I actually don't know what else to say about this. It speaks for itself. The speakers pray for so much guidance in choosing their topic and preparing their words. Their goal is to be a conduit for Heavenly Father, and they achieve that by paying close attention to the Holy Ghost when they are pondering over which words to speak. This allows them to speak what Heavenly Father wants them to say.
What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my aword shall not pass away, but shall all be bfulfilled, whether by mine own cvoice or by the dvoice of my eservants, it is the fsame.
-Doctrine and Covenants 1:38
I know that every one of us will benefit from watching conference. I love it. And I'm so grateful for it! I'm grateful for my Father in Heaven who loves His children enough to send the Holy Ghost and living Prophets to give us guidance and counsel. 
 

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for General Conference!

    I'm posting a General Conference 101 series on my blog this week to help us all get ready! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Once again I am grateful for your example. You have some great insights that I am glad you are sharing with your teen friends. I wish all my Young Women were like you. I bet you enjoyed the General Young Women's Broadcast. We had our New Beginnings right before it.

    Here is a link to my talk that I gave. You might enjoy it:

    http://lettersfromlindsay.blogspot.com/2012/03/arise-and-shine-forth.html

    Love from Oklahoma!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel so special! I really did enjoy the Young Women's Broadcast! I've been facing a lot of struggles lately in life, and it really helped me! I can't wait for the Ensign so I can thoroughly go over all of their words again and again! This is one of my goals for after this conference! Usually I only read the talks once again after conference, but I heard somewhere (maybe in the Ensign?) that the conference Ensign should abide right by your scriptures to be used in daily personal study. I'm so excited! Thank you so much!

      Delete

I dare you to comment!