Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Testimony Meeting

Greetings friends. I hope you're doing well. :D I am on fall break right now, so I am doing very well. :D
Sunday was fast and testimony meeting. I woke up feeling kinda...grumpy, not really grumpy... I was just really tired and feeling kind of moody that morning. I tried to quell my moodiness by having a positive attitude, but it just wasn't working. So, we got to church and we listened to the testimonies. I remembered that earlier in the week I had wanted share my testimony during this fast and testimony meeting. But, I was just wasn't feeling the Spirit. I was feeling really tired, and kind of dejected, maybe. I can't really describe my mood. You know that feeling when you feel like a mixture of sadness, apathy (apathy means that you don't care about anything), and grouchiness? But it's not so strong to be really terrible, just annoying? That's how I felt. So, anyway. I really wanted to share my testimony, but I just couldn't get over this mood and receive the Spirit in my heart, and I knew that having the Holy Ghost with me is vital when sharing my testimony. So, I prayed that I could have the Spirit with me. I prayed several times for this. But, all throughout the meeting, I just didn't' feel it. Now, by this time, there were about seven minutes left in the meeting. A woman got up and bore her testimony. Her testimony really touched me because it was about a subject that is very dear to me. Through her testimony, I gained the Holy Ghost with me. right when she was finished, I stood up and walked up to the pulpit. There were probably about three or four minutes left.  Usually, I kind of have a rough idea of what I'm going to say before I bear my testimony, but this time I only had wisps of topics floating around in my head that I couldn't put together. But, I went up there anyway and started speaking. I spoke about a special experience I've had this month, and of how my testimony has really grown in a certain area lately. I was crying, and I felt the Spirit very strongly. When I walked off the stand, I knew that I had said exactly what I needed to say. It was wonderful. I'm so grateful that the Lord answered my prayer and allowed me to kick my bad mood and gain the Holy Ghost with me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I dare you to comment!