Thursday, July 21, 2011

My favorite scripture...

Every Thursday, I will post a scripture.  I will explain why I chose it, and why it applies to me and you. Today, I will post my favorite scripture.  This scripture comes from the Doctrine and Covenants. For those who don't know, The Doctrine and Covenants is a book of scripture that contains revelations from God that were received by Joseph Smith.
Here's the scripture:
Doctrine and Covenants 84:88
And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

 I love this scripture, because it promises that Heavenly Father can be with us always. And, I know this to be true.  It is so reassuring to know that no matter what trial you may be facing, that His Spirit can be with you. 

To break it down:
"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also..." means wherever you go, Heavenly Father will be there too. If someone receives you, they are hosting you.  
"...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left..."  means that Heavenly Father will be everywhere.  He will be wherever you are. 
"...and my Spirit shall be in your hearts..."  means just that.  This means that the Holy Ghost will be in your heart to give you peace, guidance, and comfort.  For those who don't know, the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, is the third member of the Godhead.  For more information about the Holy Ghost, click here
"...and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."  also means that exactly. Anywhere we go that is good, and is in line with the teachings of Christ, there are literally angels around.  We cannot see them, but they are there.  His angels can protect and comfort us.  

 I know these things to be true, and I say them in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I dare you to comment!