Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back into schedule...

Okay. I know that I have not been regularly posting for the past couple of weeks.  My excuse is that school just started, and stuff is crazy. But, that's only an excuse. :)  So, this week I'll get back into the groove of posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (And other days too if I randomly feel like posting something. (:  )  I will post about things that are happening in my life, great scriptures I have found, etc.

Tonight I was at a fireside. It was amazing!! I really love firesides.  For those who don't know, a fireside is an evening meeting for additional uplifting.  There are a couple speakers, and you just get to increase your spiritual knowledge.  Tonight it was a youth fireside, so it was for teens.
We talked about service.  One thing that i really took from the meeting today was that I truly do have a light. I can be and am a beacon to those around me. As long as I allow Christ to work through me. The speaker asked a question. He said "Does the world get to see your light?"  Please ponder that. Do you allow the world to see your light? Can your friends see your light? Then he said a simple phrase that will stick with me. Be the light. Be the light.  Those simple words are very powerful.
There is a scripture I like that goes well with this. It's Doctrine and Covenants 115:5:
Verily I say unto you all: aArise and shine forth, that thy blight may be a cstandard for the dnations;
(For those who don't know, you can find out what the Doctrine and Covenants is here. Basically, it is another book of scripture.)
I'm so grateful for our leaders. And I'm so grateful for my Savior's influence in my life.  I really felt his love today. And I know that I can return to live with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I dare you to comment!