Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How I stood up to profanity today...

Actually, my story starts with yesterday.  Yesterday in gym class, we were picked for teams.  I didn't really know anyone on the team except for one girl.  As the team captain (lets call him Robert) was explaining the rules, he kept swearing. For a moment I didn't know what to do, but I knew that I didn't want to hear it.  So I asked him if he would please stop.  Robert refused. And, he kept swearing. Periodically, I would ask him to stop again. One of the other guys on my team even said "Just stop right now, okay? Just listen to her." But Robert wouldn't stop.
So today in gym, we were with the same people. And, Robert continued to swear as we played against another team. I politely asked him again if he would stop. Robert ignored me. I asked one more time. This time he said (I quote exactly) " Out of pure respect for you, I will stop." 
Looking back, I now realize that the Lord blessed me for my persistence. I know that Heavenly Father blesses us when we act upon righteous desires.  I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father who loves me, and who watches over me.  I'm very thankful that He could soften the heart of my classmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I dare you to comment!