Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ooops!!! This is my post for yesterday.

So.  I totally spaced posting yesterday, so I'll do it today! This is a gratitude Tuesday post.

This week I am thankful for prayer.  I know it sounds cliche',  but it is so true.

I am very grateful for prayer this week, because I was having some hard times.  I won't get into it, but basically I felt like a loser.  But I pleaded with my Heavenly Father, and He helped me feel His infinite love for me. This happened for a while.  I would feel terrible about myself, but then I would pray, and Heavenly Father helped me feel better.  Because of these timely reassurances, I have reconfirmed that I am a daughter of God, and I know that even though I feel alone sometimes, I am never alone.  His spirit will always be with me if I let it.  This is especially helpful as I am starting school again in a week.  I know that God is always a prayer away.


I really love the scripture Matthew 1:5-6.  It is as follows:

aIf any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that cgiveth to all men liberally, and dupbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 But let him aask in bfaith, nothing cwavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

This is the scripture that inspired Joseph Smith to pray in the sacred grove.  He was confused about which church to join, and after he cam across this scripture, he decided to pray about it.  In the grove of trees where he was praying, Heavenly Father and Jesus  appeared to him and told him not to join any of the churches. They said that none of them were true, and that They would help Joseph establish the true church of Christ. 

You can read the account in Joseph's words here.

And, I am so grateful that Joseph Smith had the courage to pray to find out the truth.  I am here today because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I dare you to comment!