Thursday, December 29, 2011

Potential of Diamond

The difficult things that we face in life are...well, difficult! Often it feels like we can never get past them. They are frustrating and put so much pressure on us. So much pressure, it seems sometimes that we will explode! 
Did you know that us humans are not the only things that undergo pressure? When coal undergoes extreme pressure, it turns into diamond! We are just like coal (haha). Heavenly Father sent us to earth because He loves us and knows that we have the potential to become diamonds. The trials we face may be extreme, but the outcome is beautiful.

As this year is wrapping up, I have been thinking back on my development as a person throughout this year. I can clearly see how specific hardships can turn one of my weaknesses into strengths. One specific pressure I've been going through has been going on for years. But I can truly see myself becoming strong in that area.

One of my favorite scriptures shows us how we can turn our weaknesses to strengths.  It's Ether 12:27, which is found in the Book of Mormon.


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.  -Ether 12:27

This scripture gives me such comfort.  It tells me that I can become strong where I am weak. What a blessing this is! I can become a better person, one weakness at a time. How great God is that He will help us. He loves us so much. I know that He loves me. He has done so much for me. Jesus suffered all pain so that He can help me. And He does. I know it. I see it in my life everyday!

If you would like to learn more about trials and adversity, and how you can come through them, click here.
 

3 comments:

  1. Also, just as weaknesses make us stronger, diamond is one of the strongest substances we know of. Stone is sometimes cut with diamond because diamond is so strong. Diamond is not just beautiful, but it's strong too! We have so much potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, coal doesn't turn into a diamond. That's a myth. Due to the fact it's organic carbon, and organic carbon can't turn into inorganic carbon (which is what a diamond is.) Graphite can turn into a diamond! Coal cannot.

    Still a good analogy! Just an incorrect one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Huh. I didn't know that. :D Thanks. Oh well. I suppose everybody will just have to use their imaginations. :)

    ReplyDelete

I dare you to comment!